Home Forums Historical Conspiracy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Filia Pater
      Keymaster

Did the Knights Templar seize to exist after their arrest on orders of the French King Philip IV? Did they have advance knowledge of what was to happen to them? If so, how come Jacques de Molay could be captured? Could there be truth to the claim that they escaped to the Alps and helped with the formation of Switzerland? Or that they contributed to the development of the country after its creation by playing a critical role in the wars that were won against the Habsburg in the 14th century, by enabling the formation of the Swiss mercenary forces in the 15th century, and by transferring their advanced technology and know-how in several key fields where Switzerland excelled throughout its history? Or formulated differently, could the Swiss peasants actually have defeated the greatest army of their time with pitchforks and become the most feared mercenaries in Europe without help from some battle-hardened military force?

• #2754 Reply
      Aischa

Even though I am Swiss and actually read quite many history books I had not thought of the early days of the Swiss Confederation. This was new to me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Historical Conspiracy
Your information: